Latest Warcraft patch 5.3 – Escalation is finally upon us, but little has changed with the wow gold economy for us goblins of the Auction House to worry about. Perhaps the biggest change is to the gathering professions of Mining and Herbalism, which may affect supplies of Old World mats and hence Old World markets. In this post I’ll give you my two cents worth of speculation and some general hints on exploiting these markets.
Mining and Herbalism Changes
Players may forgo leveling in in Classic expansions in favor of leveling their profession in Panderia. This may reduce the supply of classic mats to the Auction House and force up the price of some classic recipes. Conversely, we may see the supply of Pandaren herbs increase slightly from those players leveling these professions.
For low level players wanting to earn some easy wow gold this might be an opportunity if they are prepared to trade some of their time for gathering in classic zones. For more advanced players, it would be wise to periodically scan the Auction House for classic herbs and ore for the crafting of those recipes still in demand.
My recommendations are:
Leveling Reduction Time
The number of XPs required to level from 85 to 90 has been reduced by 33% in patch 5.3. This will encourage many players to dust off their alts and start leveling, increasing demand for many crafted items and enhancements for entry level 85 alts. As of writing I’ve seen sharp increases in demand for level entry 85 necks and rings and for a variety of Lvl 85 Enchantments as players look to increase the spec of many alts. I’ve also seen a small spike in demand for level 77-80 greens on my server and level 83-84 MoP Greens.
PvP Gear Changes
The Resilience stat has been removed from nearly all PvP items in an attempt by Blizzard to narrow the gap between PvE and PvP gear. However, players will still be able to use Resilience gems and Enchants. I expect to see demand rise for these crafted items.
My recommendations are:
- Mystic Sun’s Radiance, +160 PvP Resilience
- Steady Wild Jade, +80 PvP Resilience, +120 Stamina
- Turbid Wild Jade, +80 PvP Resilience, +160 Spirit
- Balanced Wild Jade, +80 PvP Resilience, +160 Hit
- Vivid Wild Jade, +80 PvP Resilience, +160 PvP Power
- Resplendent Vermilion Onyx, +80 PvP Resilience, +80 Strength
- Willful Vermilion Onyx, +80 PvP Resilience, +80 Intellect
- Splendid Vermilion Onyx, +80 PvP Resilience, +160 Parry
- Tenuous Vermilion Onyx, +80 PvP Resilience, +160 Expertise
- Lucent Vermilion Onyx, +80 PvP Resilience, +80 Agility
Necks and Rings
- Enchant Chest – Mighty Resilience, +40 PvP Resilience
- Enchant Chest – Super Resilience, +200 PvP Resilience
Happy hunting in the new patch.